Minor electrocuted while feeding chicks

ALVINA CHIWANIKA


Shurugwi – Kupakwashe Chakanyuka, a Grade 4 pupil at Peakmine Primary School in Shurugwi was electrocuted on Monday night when he opened a cage to feed some chicks.

Ward 13 councillor, Priscilla Mushonga confirmed the case and told The Mirror that the minor would be buried at Railway Block Cemetery today.

“It was around 9pm and the minor had the duty to feed chicks kept by the family. He was electrocuted when he tried to open the cage. Electricity was connected to give light to the chicks,” said Mushonga.

A young sibling who tried to help him was also struck but he managed to run away and tell the parents.

An expert who spoke on condition of anonymity urged residents not to make power connections without the approval of Zesa. https://masvingomirror.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error

Enjoy our stories? Please spread the word: