Type to search

Mberengwa herd boy electrocuted

Latest Local News

Mberengwa herd boy electrocuted


Sibonguthando Dube


MBERENGWA – A man (20) from Mberengwa Village, Chief Mketi was electrocuted on Tuesday last week when he touched a cable that supported a power pylon.

The incident happened at Chiturike Business Center where Joel Sibanda was herding cattle.

Midlands Police Spokesperson Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko confirmed the incident to The Mirror.

“ZRP confirms a sudden death report by electrocution. The incident occurred on January 26, 2023 at around 1 pm. The deceased Joel Sibanda was herding cattle at Chiturike Business Centre, Mberengwa in the company of Patrick Moyo (18) of the same village.

“Sibanda is said to have touched a cable which supports a power pylon and was electrocuted. He was rushed to Musume Hospital where he was pronounced dead upon arrival,” said Mahoko.

Previous Article

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Enjoy our stories? Please spread the word: