MASVINGO – Reigning World Boxing Federation (WBF) champion Charles Manyuchi risks being stripped of his title should the Government not give him the green light to defend his title against Muhamad Sebyala, The Mirror has learnt.
Manyuchi’s title bout against Sebyala of Uganda was scheduled for July 3, 2021 at Flamboyant Hotel before Government announced fresh Covid19 curbing measures which halted all sport activities last week.
Manyuchi told The Mirror that the … period to defend his WBF title lapses on July 4, 2021 and has since written to the Ministry of Health seeking exemption to hold the match.
The match was supposed to have taken place in September 2020 but was halted owing to Covid19.
“The Charles Manyuchi Boxing Academy has written to the Ministry of Health and Childcare seeking exemption to hold the Duel of Doom boxing tournament on July 3, 2021.
“The title bout was scheduled for September 2020 but could not be held owing to Covid19,” said Manyuchi.
The title Unification match has three titles at stake; WBF title, World Alliance Boxing Association (WABA) and World Professional Boxing Federation (WPBF) titles.