Kwekwe girl electrocuted while bathing

Elizabeth Mashiri
Midlands Bureau
Gweru – Tinashe Nyika (21) of Mbizo suburb in Kwekwe was on July 17, electrocuted while bathing at home.
Midlands Police Spokesperson Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko confirmed the incident.
“The now deceased entered the bathroom intending to take a bath and was electrocuted after she touched the water tape. She screamed for help and was attended by her father Joshua Nyika who found her lying unconscious.
“She was ferried to Kwekwe Hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival,” said Mahoko
Mahoko said it was established that there was an electrical faulty where live electricity cables were in contact with water pipes.
Mahoko also encouraged members of the public to always use professionals when connecting electricity in their homes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error

Enjoy our stories? Please spread the word: