Type to search

Gwanda teen killed over gas cylinder

Latest Local News

Gwanda teen killed over gas cylinder



GWANDA – A Gwanda teen died last Saturday after her boyfriend stabbed her once under the left armpit following a heated argument over why he had not filled a gas canister she used for cooking.
Itumeleng Dube (18) died on the spot and her boyfriend only identified as Morgan is on the run.
Matebeleland South Police Spokesperson Inspector Loveness Mangena confirmed the matter to Two Nations.
She said they are appealing to anyone with information that may lead to the arrest of Morgan to report at their nearest Police station.
Dube worked as a shopkeeper at Maqethukana Business Centre in Makweza area.
Circumstances are that she gave boyfriend money to fill up a gas canister. The boyfriend however, forgot the canister in a vehicle that he boarded.
When Dube returned home, the two had a heated argument as Dube was infuriated.
Morgan then allegedly drew a knife and stabbed her once under the armpit and on the left hand. She died instantly and Morgan is on the run.
Meanwhile Police is also appealing for information leading to the arrest of Mduduzi Sibanda who is wanted for the murder of Luke Nyoni (40).
Sibanda allegedly struck Nyoni once on the head with an iron bar leading to his death. The incident happened last Tuesday at Kafusi Business Centre in Gwanda around 4 am.
“We are looking for the suspect, Mduduzi Sibanda, from Pikinini Village under Chief Mathe who is currently on the run and we appeal to anyone with information that could lead to his arrest to contact the nearest police,” said Inspector Mangena.
Circumstances are that Nyoni was drinking beer with his cousin Innocent Ndlovu at Kafusi bottle store while Sibanda was also drinking at the same bar with Tabiso Mguni.
Nyoni allegedly went to Mguni and told him to be wary as Sibanda would poison him.
This did not go sit well with Sibanda who got into a heated argument with Nyoni. Nyoni and his cousin left the bar and went to drink at a nearby bar.
Sibanda followed them and attacked Nyathi with an iron bar hitting him once on the left ear. He died on the spot.
Mangena urged the public to resolve differences amicably and not resolve to violence.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Enjoy our stories? Please spread the word: