Type to search

5 lose property as house catches fire

Latest News

5 lose property as house catches fire



Shurugwi – Five families in ZBS in Shurugwi have lost everything they had after their house caught fire on Monday.

The affected are four tenants and the landlord.

It is assumed that the fire was caused by electrical fault due to negligence of other tenants. Shurugwi town council had to intervene to help stop the spread of fire which had already destroyed other five rooms.

Courage Mashava, the son of the landlord said that the situation is heartrending because the families have no food, clothes or blankets after the fire. Property worth more than US$5 000 was destroyed.

It is suspected that an electrical fault caused the fire.

Councilor Tavarwisa Tavarwisa also confirmed the incident to The Mirror. https://masvingomirror.com

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Enjoy our stories? Please spread the word: